Saturday, December 14, 2013

While You've Been Gone.

Most of my blog entries have meaning and purpose. This one is more just for me. Sorry for the late night greedy blogging. It has been a while since I've posted, and I'm due. Also, I want to remember how I spend my time while my husband is away (and we are childless) so I can look back on these times and see how things have changed.

Chris left last Friday morning for Cold Weather Leader Course (CWLC--because the Army loves acronyms). Everyone in his company had the day off because of bad winter weather, which means they got a 3-day weekend. He, however, had to be in bright and early to pick up his weapon and get on the bus. Thus began my alone-ness.

I have been searching for mistletoe to hang in our house for Christmas, but this town just has very limited options on just about anything you could look for or want. I was able to find a "kissing ball", and bought it the first day he was gone. It hasn't done me any good yet, so I don't know why I bought it, honestly. The day he left, I also bought yarn and knitting needles. I spent some time on YouTube learning how to knit. I got so wrapped up in my knitting that I didn't even want to leave the house for our church Christmas party that night, but I forced myself out. That's how old I am. Not really. I'm 26, but I felt like an 85 year old woman that night. Knit? Go to party? Knit? Go to party? It shouldn't have been a difficult decision, but I was busy throwing my own little knitting pity party for having to be alone. I was being very lame and ridiculous, obviously. After the Christmas party, I went with a friend and got my tragus pierced. It hurt really really badly. Ouch. I don't want to relive that anymore. Bottom line, I wanted to stay home and knit on a Friday night instead of going to a party. I went to church, then I left church and went to a tattoo parlor. Identity crisis much? This is a really boring post, and I'm dreadfully sorry if you are still reading. Feel free to be done with my pointless ramblings at any moment.

I also began reading a 500 page book. Well, the book is finished, and so is my first scarf. I'm sure you can take a stab at how I've been spending my alone time!

Some exciting things that have happened since Chris left:

  • He borrowed someone's phone and called me, unexpectedly. 
  • I have a new scarf.
  • And a new piercing.
  • Most of our SnapFish order arrived.
  • I saw the Aurora Borealis really well for the first time.
  • I went to North Pole, Alaska and met Santa.
  • I ended up having girl talk until 4am with one of my new favorite people.
  • I hung out with a new friend.

Some not-so exciting things that have happened since Chris left:

  • The power has gone out for several hours. 
  • Every item from our SnapFish order has my OLD last name on it--OOPS!
  • I burnt my hand on our wood stove and sizzled off some skin.
  • I have had a flat tire.
  • I ate half of a squash for dinner (my appetite is weird and lame when he's away).
  • I found out his company has not gone in to work 70% of the time he has been gone. 
  • I have converted back to my insomniac ways (thus the 3am pointless blogging).

Another thing that has happened in the last week is that a friend challenged me to post random facts about mine and my husband's relationship. I never did that, so why not add them here.
  1. I am a bigger football fan than he is.
  2. Our first date was a shooting competition followed by steak dinner.
  3. I cried every day for almost the entire first month of our marriage (moving to Alaska and not having a vehicle was hard--on top of adjusting to marriage and the Army!).
  4. One of our first big newlywed fights was about pasta. HAHAHA!
  5. I pick on Chris for having a spreadsheet for everything and doing complicated math problems for fun, but I secretly really like that about him.
  6. We broke up right before Chris moved to Alaska because I was scared of how I felt for him, and it "didn't make sense" to be together. We didn't speak for over 2 months.
  7. We were married less than 6 months when Chris lost his *second* wedding ring. I think it's funny.
  8. Between meeting and getting married, we only lived in the same state for the first 2 months.
  9. We were married for 99 days before our wedding.
  10. We think about our future kids all the time. Both of us do--not just me! 
That's really all for now. I'll write a more meaningful post next. Promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment